Graphic Designer, Print & Pattern
Location: Baltimore, MD | Job: Graphic Designer, Print & Pattern
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other. Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work. We’re looking for the Best in Every Game. Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes… and the athletes of tomorrow. We’re about performance – in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand. That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace. The world’s hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House… I Will.
Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?! The Designer-AOP Graphics will be responsible for contributing to the vision of the Brand to life through innovative, trend-right and Brand-right Textile/Graphic designs that are cutting-edge and fresh. This position will work closely with directors, designers and developers to create/update/edit final art. Must be quick, efficient, skilled in design software and able to successfully juggle multiple projects and timelines. Our Designers are expected to work with passion, integrity and motivation.
What does this opportunity give me?
• Challenge – Fast growth company with the goal of being the best in the world.
• Ownership – Own your job and be responsible for your work.
• Innovation – Never hear, “This is how we’ve always done it.”
• Access – Work with some of the nation’s most elite designers, athletes and colleges.
What will I do at UA?
• Work with the team to interpret AOP graphics against a brief – collaborating and communicating closely with the Apparel Design and Product teams.
• Be a vital part of the creation of original Print and Pattern Repeat graphics for specific categories on a seasonal basis.
• Create artwork, with color size technique indication, for approved graphics under aggressive timelines.
• Execute clear and detailed technical kits for development.
• Interact cross functionally with Product Line Managers, Developers, Patternmakers and Fabric Developers.
What does UA need from me?
• BA or BFA in Graphic Design or 5+ years of relevant work experience.
• 3+ years of AOP Graphic Design experience required, preferably in the sports/performance industry
• Strong understanding/connection with Athletic Consumer – passion for the category and the athletic mantra both personally and professionally.
• Proficient communication skills for both interpersonal relationships and presentation – the ability to influence all cross functional partners to deliver unrivaled graphic designs on time and on target.
• Ability to work in a shifting and collaborative environment with a great deal of constructive feedback and input.
• Ability to accept instruction/direction and work with a team.
• Ideal candidate will have the following experience:
• High attention to detail.
• Proficient Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop skills; must be current.
• Passion every day to design compelling, cutting edge product.
What else do I get at UA?
• Creative freedom
• Amazing company culture and team environment
• Guard rails, not a box.
• A-Z, one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry OTHER ITEMS TO ADD OR NOT Responsibilities include:
• Re-sizing and re-coloring existing prints.
• Mocking up print layouts in repeat and breakdown color for screens.
• Putting designs into repeat and cleaning files to prepare artwork for the appropriate mills.
• Making slight adjustments to artwork, according to mills’ instructions.
• Adhering to deadlines and preparing files on a timely basis.
• Organizing and maintaining artwork files according to department procedures. At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool